Mississauga - Lorne Park HistoryThe area was first occupied by the Mississauga Indians , and then in 1805 it was transferred to Governor John Graves Simcoe. A military road was built, what is now the QEW.
Members of the British military first settled area , By the 1830 logging was a major industry in Lorne Park. Most of the pine wood was exported to England and the United States.
In 1887 Joseph Thompson bought 86 acres of land in Lorne Park which became known as Thompson's Wood. a 75-acre amusement park was operated in Lorne Park by the Toronto Park Association, including separate parlours for men and women, swimming, bowling lanes and merry-go-rounds.
After a series of bankruptcies, the resort lands were sold to cottagers. Post WWII with the increased use of the automobile and easy access of the QEW highway, suburbanization of Lorne Park and surrounding area ensued at a quick pace and was amalgamated in to the City of Mississauga in 1974.
Mississauga Lorne Park Real Estate
Clarkson | Cooksville | Lorne Park | Meadowvale | Meadowvale Village | Port Credit | Streetsville